One of my favorite Summertime activities is berry picking and then make homemade ice cream with this super easy and fun way that can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. I normally go along my normal hiking route and pick some blackberries that are so yummy.
- Mix the milk, vanilla, sugar, and blackberry juice together in one of the quart size bags. Seal tightly, allowing as little air to remain in the bag as possible. Too much air left inside may force the bag open during shaking.
- Place this bag inside the other quart size bag, again leaving as little air inside as possible and sealing well. By double-bagging, the risk of salt and ice leaking into the ice cream is minimized.
- Put the two bags inside the gallon size bag and fill the bag with ice, then sprinkle salt on top. Again let all the air escape and seal the bag.
- Wrap the bag in the towel or put your gloves on, and shake and massage the bag, making sure the ice surrounds the cream mixture. Five to eight minutes is adequate time for the mixture to freeze into ice cream.
- Serve right away over some berries and garnish with mint leaves.
|Homemade Blackberry Ice Cream|