Another recipe I finally dare to make. Found recipe from www.food.com and made a little adjustment.
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups sugar ( can use another 1/4 cup more for a sweeter taste)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract (I used Amaretto / almond liqueur)
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1/2-3/4 cup almonds ( chopped or sliced)
1 egg whites
8 ounces white chocolate
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together flour with baking powder and salt.
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter, sugar and eggs with extract until well blended (about 4 minutes).
- Add in the flour mixture, then the cranberries and almonds; mix well to combine.
- Divide the dough in half.
- With floured hands shape the dough in about 9 x 2-inch logs.
- Transfer the logs to prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg white until foamy, the brush the egg white on top and sides of each log.
- Bake the logs until golden brown, about 35 minutes (the logs will spread when baked).
- Cool completely in the baking pan (leave the oven heat on to 350 degrees).
- Transfer the logs to a work surface.
- Shake out any crumbs from the parchment paper, then place back on the baking sheet with clean-side facing upwards.
- Using a serrated knife, sliced the logs on diagonal about 1/2 – 3/4-inches.
- Arrange the sliced biscotti cut side down on the same baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes; turn the biscotti over and bake for another 5 minutes, just until beginning to lightly brown.
- Transfer biscotti to a rack to cool.
- For the glaze: stir the white chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water until smooth.
- Remove from over the water.
- Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over biscotti.
- Let stand until chocolate sets (about 30 minutes).