Recipe by กินเที่ยวกับ yaya yayai
- Bread flour 200 g ( 2 c.)
- cake flour 50 G ( 1/2 c.)
- yeast 1 1/2 teaspoon
- milk 120 G ( 3/4 c.) luke warm
- egg 1
- sugar 4 Tbsp ( divided – 1 Tbsp in the milk and yeast)
- salt 1/4 Teaspoon
- butter 40 G ( 1/2 stick)
- Sweet potatoes or potatoes boiled and mashed 150 g ( 3/4 c.)
1. warm the milk and add 1 Tbsp sugar and yeast. Rest for 5-10 minutes until the yeast grow and become bubbly.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl of your stand mixer. Then add the yeast mixture.
3. Knead with dough hook until smooth about 15 minutes – 20 minutes – (Test doneness by The Windowpane Test by pulling off a golf-ball-sized piece of dough and stretch it into a thin sheet between your fingers. If the gluten is well-developed, the dough will stretch into a paper-thin film without breaking. If quickly breaks…you guessed it, keep kneading).
4. Take the dough out of the mixing bowl. Tug the side under to form a ball and put in a greased bowl. Cover with soft cloth or plastic wrap then let rise in warm spot until double in size (about 1 hour).
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F
6. When the dough finishes rising, turn it onto a lightly floured surface. Press out the air and form a rectangular shape.
7. Cut the dough into equal size strips and cut again to about a 2 oz. pieces. Roll into smooth balls. Put in the greased pan.
8. Proof (let the dough double in size again) on top of the oven for about 20-30 minutes
9. Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly and glaze with melted butter.